BlogHer 2010 is next week, I’m so excited! Every year I wish the same thing – that I could lose 25 or 30 pounds in the week before. Obviously that’s not going to happen, but thanks to Healthy Choice and BlogHer, I am going to get a chance to learn about new items in the Healthy Choice frozen entree line, meet some of the people who create Healthy Choice meals, and consult with a dietician about how to make better choices in my diet.
Healthy Choice will be working with me and a group of bloggers for the next 90 days, providing me with free product coupons, financial support, and tips for success. They’d like me to replace one meal a day with a Healthy Choice meal, I’ll most likely do lunch since I usually either skip it or go out for fast food with Kaitlyn.
Here’s some tips from nutrition expert Tara Gidus, known as “The Diet Diva”. She’ll be meeting with us during a special lunch Healthy Choice is holding for us during BlogHer.
- Eat light and often. Eat only what you need to sustain yourself for three or four hours, then follow up with a light snack to tide you over until the next meal or snack. Healthy Choice meals are perfectly portioned to provide delicious, calorie controlled, nutrient-dense meals to help you stay on track.
- SLOW DOWN. Food is meant to be enjoyed, so slow down and taste every bite. Take sips of water and put your fork down throughout the meal to remind yourself to slow down. What type of eater are you – slow, fast or someone in between?
- Move a bit more. Go for a 15-minute walk during your lunch break, walk up and down the stairs a few times or get off the subway a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way. What gets you motivated to move?
- Need an energy break? Move major muscle groups instead of reaching for a cup of joe. Do a set of lunges right near your desk to get that oxygen flowing, supplying energy to your brain – a natural pick-me-up that is better than coffee! How do you keep your energy up during the day?
- Get enough sleep! Not having enough sleep can throw off your hormone balance and contribute to gaining weight. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
- Drink up! Even mild dehydration can leave you feeling sluggish. Women need about nine cups of fluids a day from food, water and other beverages. Do you get enough water each day?
Learn more about Healthy Choice and print coupons here. Watch for more posts from me as I try new meals from Healthy Choice and hopefully start to feel (and maybe even look) better in the next 90 days!
disclosure: Healthy Choice is providing me with free product coupons and financial support in exchange for my participation in this campaign. All opinions are, as always, 100% mine.