How did it get to be Friday already? March sure went by fast! I had to ask Dawn for help thinking of today’s list of fives, because I had horrible insomnia last night and was awake until 4:15. I partly blame Pinterest, I should have never even opened my laptop! Then I woke up at 8:15 with Kaitlyn and I’ve been sitting here since then going through email, which of course takes me over to Pinterest again (so-and-so repinned your pin, I have to check to see if I follow them, then I have to scan their boards, it’s like crack for me and I obviously am going to need a Pintervention soon).
If you are just joining me, Friday Fives is my weekly meme where I take it easy and just post a list of five…anythings. Favorite movies, favorite websites of the week, whatever I can think of that adds up to five. Dawn suggested I do five guilty pleasures – yep, I have them all right! Here’s my list!
MY FIVE CURRENT GUILTY PLEASURES:
1. Celebrity Apprentice – How can I not watch? This season’s cast includes 80′s pop icon Debbie Gibson, rocker Dee Snider of Twisted Sister, the Hulk’s Lou Ferrigno, magician Penn Jillette, foul-mouthed comedian Lisa Lampenelli (who is showing herself to be one smart lady), Paul Sr. from American Chopper, former talk show host Arsenio Hall (whoop whoop!), and two people who I cannot. stop. watching. – American Idol’s Clay Aiken, and Danity Kane singer Aubrey O’Day. I watch Clay to see how much makeup he’ll be wearing on any given day, and I watch Aubrey because HER HAIR, people. Does Celebrity Apprentice not have a stylist? Or a MIRROR?
I’m going to confess something – I watched every episode of MTV’s “Making the Band” when Sean “Puffy/P.Diddy/Diddy/Whatever” Combs was putting together a girl band he ended up calling Danity Kane (ugh). On that show, Aubrey O’Day was a stunning California blonde with an incredible singing voice. Like this:
I mean, I know there’s a TON of makeup and hair extensions and whatever that makes her look like that, but compare it to her current look:
And on TV, there’s even MORE makeup, and her hair sometimes looks downright pink. I have to watch every week just to see her hair!
2. Fark.com – It’s not news, it’s Fark! Where else can you see top headlines from the Huffington Post, the Washington Post, the Salt Lake Tribune, Yahoo! News, Mental Floss, BuzzFeed, AND England’s best gossip sites the DailyMailOnline and The Sun? I like to browse the homepage first, then click the “Geek” and “Entertainment” tabs. The best part has to be the headlines, like this one:
“January Jones eats her own placenta. Your argument is invalid.”
“Woman sues McDonalds for a) burning her with hot coffee; b) serving her a mouse in her burger; or c) turning her into a hooker.”
It’s just pure entertainment!
3. The McDonald’s McChicken sandwich. I know, I know, it’s loaded with sodium and fat and who knows what kinds of chemicals, but it really hits the freaking spot sometimes. Especially with super-hot fries dipped in ketchup and a fountain Diet Coke
4. The Spider Solitaire app by MobilityWare – When I got my Xoom tablet, I first installed a regular solitaire app. One day there was an ad pop-up for Spider Solitaire, so I clicked over. Holy crap you guys, that game is SO ADDICTIVE. It makes me see why gambling is so addictive, because when I don’t finish a game, I immediately want to deal a new one and try again. And again, and again!
5. Brach’s Bridge Mix – I love chocolate-covered anything, so this mix of chocolate-covered peanuts, brazil nuts, raisins, and vanilla cremes is just the best of all chocolate-covered worlds. A little sweet, a little salty, a little crunchy, a little chewy – it’s chocolate nirvana!
So, those are my guilty pleasures, what are yours? Tell me in a comment (keep it family-friendly please!) or do a post on your own blog. Have a great weekend everybody!