From Chef Scott Leibfried and Bumble Bee Foods comes this Classic Tuna Casserole but with a twist – after combining cooked fusilli pasta with Bumble Bee® Premium Light Tuna in Water, cream of celery soup, light sour cream, chopped green onions, and green peas, this comforting casserole is topped with shredded cheese and Panko breadcrumbs for a cheesy, crunchy topping. Yum!
Thanks to the ZipList plugin, you can save this recipe to your own ZipList recipe box, or print it out to add to your recipe file. Pretty cool!
Bumble Bee Foods Classic Tuna Casserole recipe, with an added twist. Cooked noodles, light tuna, cream of celery soup, light sour cream, green peas, green onions, and seasonings are combined, then topped with shredded cheese and panko breadcrumbs for extra crunch!
- 1 pouch (5 oz) Bumble Bee® Premium Light Tuna in Water, drained and flaked
- ½ pound dry Fusilli pasta
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) cream of celery soup
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ¼ cup shredded blend of Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Japanese Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare pasta according to package directions, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream of celery soup, light sour cream, celery salt, salt and pepper. Add green onions, peas, cooked pasta and tuna, mixing gently to combine.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into a 2 quart ovenproof casserole dish and top with the cheese and Panko breadcrumbs. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
GET MORE RECIPES made with Bumble Bee Foods products at http://www.bumblebee.com/recipes.
disclosure: I’m a member of the Bumble Bee Foods Bee Squad, and share recipes and other information as their ambassador.