Christmas is a time when we gather together with our family and friends to celebrate the joy of the season, and one way we do that is by sharing food. I love holiday parties with Christmas music playing, people wearing festive sweaters, lots of laughing, and of course, lots of food! One dish that always ends with a practically licked-clean plate is what I call hot crab dip and what Bumble Bee Foods calls Hot Crab Meat Spread. Whatever you call it, it is delicious.
This dish serves 8 to 10 people, so for a larger gathering I’d suggest making two. This spread tastes best spread on crackers, I like to use Ritz because they’re sturdy and the buttery/salty taste compliments the creaminess of the dip. Just put the plates down and watch this disappear!
- 1 can (6 oz.) Bumble Bee® White Crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons cooking Sherry
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- Italian parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sherry, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Blend to combine ingredients.
- Stir in onion and crab.
- Place crab mixture in small 1 quart casserole dish or pie plate to heat.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and light brown on edges.
- Serve with crackers or toast.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups spread.
- Garnish with Italian parsley as desired.
Bumble Bee Foods sent me a selection of products and challenged me to make a holiday dish, but then my 1st grader brought home a nasty bug from school and everyone started dropping like flies around here, including me. Watch for another post where I show you what Hot Crab Meat Spread looks like when I make it!
READER QUESTION: What is your favorite dish to make for a holiday buffet? Share it in a comment!
disclosure: I’m a member of the Bumble Bee Foods Bee Squad. I receive products and participate in conversations throughout the year.