Welcome to Friday Fives, my weekly meme where I post a list of five things. Here’s three stories from the news I think are cool, plus two videos we Edwards’ think are awesome. Enjoy your weekend!
- NYC chocolatier Sugar and Plumm has created a $1,000 Easter Egg. You read that correctly, a one thousand dollar chocolate egg. The 22 pound, three foot tall egg contains dark, milk and white chocolates along with marzipan flowers, ladybugs, and what looks like a dozen or so chickens probably also made out of marzipan. Can you even imagine having that kind of money to spend? lol Read the original story at gothamist.com
- Ex-WWE star Chris Masters got a shocking phone call from his Uncle – a crazed neighbor had barricaded himself inside Masters’ mother’s home and was threatening to set the house on fire. So what did Masters do? He pulled a freaking tree out of the ground and used it as a battering ram to bust through a window and rescue her. LIKE A BOSS. Read the original story at nydailynews.com.
- Blogger Perez Hilton surprised his readers yesterday with a huge announcement – he’s become a father! Thanks to an egg donor and surrogate, the 35 (on Saturday) year old Hilton, real name Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., named his son Mario Armando Lavandeira, III. See the adorable baby and read the original story at perezhilton.com.
- From CollegeHumor.com comes Dora The Explorer And The Destiny Medallion Part 1, the first video in their 3-part adventure series. Dora’s not just an explorer, she’s a badass treasure hunter who will do anything to defeat Swyper and get the medallion back. Wait until you see this as live action, people. The video’s not embeddable, so copy/paste this or go to collegehumor.com and search Dora. Trust me. http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6874662/dora-the-explorer-and-the-destiny-medallion-part-1
- Also from CollegeHumor.com comes the trailer for “Disney Princess Spring Breakers”, with Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White, and Ariel doing pretty much every bad thing you can think of. NOT for the faint of heart, even this short trailer crams in drugs, drinking, smoking, and Snow White taking a bite of a “magic” apple. Abby Elliott (SNL) is Cinderella and Amber Stevens (“Greek”) is Jasmine. And it’s hilarious.
So there you have three stories and two videos to entertain you this weekend! Share something with me in a comment that you think I should read or watch, and have a great weekend everybody!
- Guest Post – Printed Scrubs Help Child Feel More Comfortable Around Nurses
- Instilling a Healthy Love of Fruit in Kids