Spring is finally here. That means many more outdoor activities, time with friends, and altogether more fun. Perhaps you’re looking to entertain a group of people at some point this spring. If you’re really looking to exceed expectations I highly recommend this tasty dessert. Here is a fresh strawberry tart recipe. Make it yourself and enjoy something absolutely delicious.
When coming up with a dessert idea during spring it is very important to keep two things in mind. First is to keep your food choice light and second is to choose fresh seasonal ingredients.
For spring it is important to keep things on the lighter side. This is a transition out of those heavier winter foods and into something much lighter. There are plenty of excellent choices during spring to use as a good dessert. What is important though is that you match your food with the season. Heavier foods are not generally consistent with warmer weather.
Choosing ingredients that are in season can make or break a dessert. Luckily many desserts can be served year round. But many desserts call for certain fruits and other assortments that simply do not match the season. Choosing seasonal fresh ingredients also great enhances the flavor and enjoyment of the dessert.
If you keep these things in mind you should be well on your way to pleasing your guests with a great dessert.
1 pkg (18 oz each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 pound fresh strawberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons water, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into thin slices; arrange on bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Press dough slices together to form solid crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely. Carefully remove crust from pan; place on serving plate. Set aside.
2. Slice enough strawberries to measure 2 cups. Remove tops from remaining strawberries; set aside. Combine sliced strawberries, the sugar and 3 tablespoons of the water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 3 minutes.
3. Mix cornstarch and the remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl until well blended. Add to sliced strawberry mixture; mix well. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add whole strawberries; toss to coat. Pour into crust.
4. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set. Cut into 10 slices. Top each slice with a serving of Reddi-wip just before serving.
- Wordless Wednesday – Showing Love for Boston
- musicMagpie – Get Cash For Old DVDs, CDs, Games And Help The Planet Too!