Welcome to Friday Fives, my weekly post about five of something. This week I’ve got a mini-playlist for you; five popular songs for this summer 2013 that you should find on Spotify or download on iTunes or however you get your music. These five songs will get you up and moving!
FIVE SONGS THAT WILL ROCK YOUR SUMMER:
- Fall Out Boy: “Light ‘Em Up” – also popularly known by it’s chorus, “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark”. Whatever you call it, it’s a fist-pumping, let’s get this party GOING kind of song. Get
- Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams: “Get Lucky”. EVERYONE I know loves this song and for good reason! It’s got a cool hook, it’s sung by cutie-pie Pharrell, and it’s just fun. Get it on Amazon iTunes Spotify
- Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell Williams: “Blurred Lines”. ALMOST everyone I know loves this song too! It’s important to note that there are two versions, one is unrated and more racy, the other is more clean. I like to put on the YouTube video of their guest performance on The Voice, since it’s a family-friendly version. It’s SO good!
- David Guetta, Chris Willis, Fergie, & LMFAO (how’s THAT for a lineup!): “Gettin’ Over You”. I found this on Spotify and LOVE it. Fergie’s voice in this song, wow. She can really belt it out!
- Florida Georgia Line: “Cruise”. This song is both a country and a pop hit right now. I’m not usually a country fan, but this is such a fun roll-down-the-windows road trip kind of song. I had to listen to it a couple of times before it got stuck in my head and now I love it!
So there you go, five songs I love right now that are rocking my summer. What about you? Do you agree with my picks, or have some songs you’re rocking out to this summer that you want to share? Let me know in a comment!
- Cory Monteith’s Death Shocks Pretty Much Everyone, Including Me
- Not Going To #BlogHer13? Let’s Celebrate Voices of Right Now!