One of the biggest decisions you could possibly make about your home’s décor is to choose a rug that’s the right color. By looking to someone like modernrugs.co.uk, you’ll find that they come in many different colors, but knowing which one is right for your home is tough.
Following trends can be difficult, but choosing something that’s only briefly trendy isn’t right. At the moment, cool gold and green, silvers, mauves and greys are out of fashion, while earthy shades like light blue, khaki, suede and warm green are currently in. While beige is seen as dull, it’s a color which works because of its utilitarian qualities.
There are a number of things to consider when choosing a rug color. The massive choice confronting consumers is enough to make your head spin, but you’ll want to choose one that fits in with your home. Here are some useful tips:
• If the rug is going to be walked on regularly, spills, dirt and stains could happen regularly. While lighter carpets can be treated to resist stains, darker rugs tend to cope better.
• Rugs can be used to either lighten up or tone down a room. For darker rooms, red is ideal, while lighter colors such as sky blue could be just the thing for lighter rooms.
• If the rug’s color matches your personality, that could be useful. If you’re a casual, relaxed sort of person, then warm colors might work, while those who like detail will go for blue, black, gray and white tones.
• You could have a rug which fits in with your existing décor or have it as a room’s focal point. You won’t want it to clash with all the other furniture, as it could ruin your whole interior.
• If you’re confused, then choose beige. It’s safe, goes with just about every design and the best beige rugs are durable and can cope with just about any daily wear.
Whether or not you have a color in mind, by going to Modern Rugs, you could find the inspiration you’re looking for, with rugs of all shades in stock.